Christmas wishes for best friends deserve more than a generic card you grabbed at the last minute. Your best friend is the person who knows you at your absolute worst — and shows up anyway — so your Christmas message should feel personal, warm, and unmistakably you.
In this guide, you'll find 40 original Christmas wishes for best friends in Canada, written for the real Canadian friendship experience: surviving -30°C together, splitting a double-double on a snowy drive, cheering through overtime hockey, and making a backyard rink look easy. Whether your bestie is across the street or across the country, there's a message here that fits.
Last updated: October 1, 2026
Jump to: Heartfelt Wishes | Funny Wishes | Short & Sweet | Long-Distance Friends | Joyeux Noël Wishes | Card-Writing Tips
Heartfelt Christmas Wishes for Your Best Friend
For the friend who feels like family. These warm, sincere messages are perfect for a handwritten card.
- Merry Christmas to the friend who has been my emergency contact since grade nine. Wishing you joy this season and every season after.
- You are the person I call with good news, bad news, and absolutely no news at all. Hope your Christmas is as wonderful as that makes you.
- Every Christmas, I realize how lucky I am that friendship is the one thing I've never had to gift-wrap — it's just always been there, with you.
- Wishing you a Christmas filled with the same warmth you bring to everyone around you, all year long.
- Some people get a friend for Christmas. I got you years ago and I've been bragging about it ever since. Merry Christmas, my friend.
- May your tree be tall, your cocoa be extra marshmallowy, and your heart be as full as mine is having you in my life.
- Thank you for every late-night talk, every shared laugh, and every time you pretended my cooking was edible. Merry Christmas to my favourite person.
- Christmas magic is real, and I know because I've watched you be kind to everyone you meet. Wishing you a beautiful holiday season.
Funny Christmas Wishes (with Canadian Humour)
For the friend who laughs at your jokes even when they're terrible — which, let's be honest, is often.
- Merry Christmas! I got you the perfect gift: my friendship. It's free, it's permanent, and unlike your toque, you can't lose it.
- Wishing you a Christmas with zero windchill, zero shovelling, and zero regrets about the second helping of tourtière.
- You're the reason "sorry" is Canada's favourite word — I spend half my time apologizing for things I said to you. Joyeux Noël, bestie!
- May your hockey team win in overtime, your Tim Hortons order always be right, and your New Year be as awesome as your slapshot.
- I was going to get you something expensive for Christmas, but then I remembered we both agree the best gifts are snacks. Sharing is caring.
- Here's to another year of me stealing your poutine fries and you pretending to be annoyed. Merry Christmas, legend.
- Roses are red, the snow is white, you're my best friend, and this card is the closest thing to a present you're getting. Love you!
- I asked Santa for a new best friend this year. He laughed so hard the sleigh shook and said, "Good luck topping that one." Merry Christmas!
Short & Sweet Wishes (Perfect for Texts)
Quick messages that pack a punch — ideal for a text, a DM, or a card that's already full of photos.
- Merry Christmas, bestie. You're the maple syrup to my pancakes.
- Wishing you cocoa, comfort, and zero snowed-in stress this Christmas.
- Cheers to the friend who makes every Canadian winter feel warmer.
- Merry Christmas! So grateful our friendship survived another year.
- Hope Santa brings you everything — except my parking spot, as usual.
- From my igloo to yours: have the merriest Christmas ever.
- Best friends, best memories, best Christmas. Couldn't ask for more.
- Sending you Christmas hugs from coast to coast to coast.
For Long-Distance Best Friends
When your best friend moved to another province (or country), but the friendship didn't even blink.
- Miles apart, but you're still the first person I text when it snows. Merry Christmas, no matter how far away you are.
- Distance can't ruin a friendship built on shared secrets and questionable road trips. Wishing you a warm Christmas wherever you are.
- Christmas Eve won't be the same without our annual tradition, so I'm sending you a double-double of love and a whole lot of missing-you.
- You may be in another time zone now, but in my heart you're still the one sitting next to me. Merry Christmas, best friend.
- Someday we'll live in the same city again. Until then, FaceTime cocoa dates will have to do. Have a beautiful Christmas.
- I mailed your Christmas card a month early because Canada Post and winter weather are a dangerous combo. Hope it finds you before Boxing Day!
- Being apart this Christmas just means we get double the stories next time we meet. Merry Christmas to my favourite long-distance legend.
- You took the friendship cross-country and it still works perfectly. That's how I know it's the real deal. Merry Christmas!
Joyeux Noël: Bilingual French-English Wishes
A Canadian signature — blending English and French gives your card a uniquely national touch your friend will love.
- Joyeux Noël, mon ami! May your Christmas be as sweet as sucre d'érable and twice as warm.
- Merry Christmas to my best friend — or as they say in Quebec, joyeux Noël à ma meilleure amie!
- Wishing you paix, amour et beaucoup de rires this Christmas season. You deserve it all, bestie.
- Joyeux Noël! Here's to bonhomie, good poutine, and great company — especially yours.
- Merry Christmas, mon ami. No one understands my Franglais better than you, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
- Que la magie de Noël t'apporte joie et bonheur — because plain English just isn't festive enough for how much you mean to me.
- Joyeux Noël to the friend who appreciates both my English sarcasm and my French charm. Merry Christmas!
- From Toronto to Montréal with love: Merry Christmas and joyeux Noël to the best friend a person could ask for.
Tips for Writing the Perfect Christmas Card for Your Best Friend
The wishes above are a great start, but a truly memorable card needs a personal touch. Here's how to make yours stand out.
- Mail early. Canada Post gets slammed in December, and winter storms can add days to delivery. Aim to mail cards by mid-December, or early December for anywhere outside your province.
- Add one personal line. A shared memory — the cabin trip, the playoff game, the blizzard you walked through together — beats any perfect sentence.
- Sprinkle in a "Joyeux Noël." Even if your friend isn't francophone, a bilingual touch feels distinctly Canadian and festive.
- Match the tone to the friendship. Send the heartfelt wishes to the sentimental one, the funny ones to the friend who lives for your banter.
- Keep handwriting legible. A short, readable card beats a long, indecipherable one. The short & sweet section above is perfect for cramped spaces.
- Sign it like you talk. End with your real voice — "Love ya, bud" beats a formal sign-off every single time.


Comments
Post a Comment